The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

MY FIFTEEN MINUTE AFTERNOON BREAK 3:30-3:45 PM March 11, 2002

Ok that was supposed to be rehabilitated- I tried correcting it, but for some inexplicable reason, the edit feature crapped out on me.

Ok, well for those just joining me, my name is Cary Coatney- I used to be a hot commodity in the pages of the Oh So letters column of the weekly Comics Buyer's Guide- of which I also contributed a few articles that I actually got paid for ( but not enough to buy that deluxe penthouse in the sky), but now I'm nothing but a stupid burnout. I try to self publish a comic book called the Deposit Man. It's not seen by very many people and I only self publish it to let people know that I still reside amongst the human race and that I haven't contracted whooping cough or something of another nature. My feature was first introduced in a anthology called MALICE published by Death Comics. It didn't come out the way I expected it to and I parted ways before I agreed to spin the character into his own book(s).
Diamond carried that book and sold a modest sum of 600 copies- but Diamond refused to carry my next self published effort, THE DEPOSIT MAN KALEIDOSCOPIC MEDICINE FREAK SHOW due to content. FM International is the only distributor I seem to have a good working relationship with as they sold that one and had no problem supplying my second done- in- one effort, THE DEPOSIT MAN SURVIVAL GUIDE TO THE AFTERLIFE. I'm in the process of getting a three issue Deposit Man mini-series completed entitled THE DEPOSIT MAN AND THE LAST GREAT GATE OF MORTALITY hopefully in time for the San Deigo Comic Con.

OK my fifteen minutes are up- tomorrow I will go into a lengthy rant about what these books are about.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home