Psycho Bitch from Hell
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Psycho Bitch From Hell|
|Studio album by Analog Pussy|
|Released||September 01, 1999|
|Analog Pussy chronology|
Psycho Bitch from Hell is an album by Analog Pussy.
- "Solipse Technology"
- "Go Wacko"
- "Martian Whore"
- "Space Janana (Monotone Mix)"
- "Blue Sun"
- "Fight To Trance"
- "Psycho Bitch From Hell"
Jiga was born in Jerusalem, and learned to play bass guitar at 15. Jinno was born in Uruguay and moved to Israel at age 4. He studied music theory and played trumpet in his childhood. The two met in 1997 and formed Analog Pussy.
Their first tracks were available on the web as MP3s. This helped them to build a following with no album release. Later on, when they headlined the charts on MP3.com, their music was downloaded over one million times. In 1999, after returning from their first European tour, they signed with a German label and released their first album. In 2000 they relocated to Germany and started their own record label, AP Records, whose first release was their second album, Underground.
In mid 2004 they released their third album, Trance 'N Roll. The album is close to a live Analog Pussy show. The songs feature live instruments, hard rock guitar riffs and vocals.
Analog Pussy has played 'live' in most parts of the world: Germany, UK, Japan, Mexico, USA, Brazil, Canada, Israel, Switzerland, Spain, Russia, the Netherlands, Hungary, Sweden, Denmark, Turkey, Belgium, Austria, Argentina and Chile.
- Psycho Bitch from Hell (Balloonia Records 1999)
- Underground (AP Records 2001)
- Vinyl Trax (AP Records 2002)
- Future The Remixes (AP Records 2004)
- Trance N Roll (AP Records 2004)
|Stylistic origins:||Goa, Instrumental space rock, Industrial, Acid house|
|Cultural origins:||Mid-1990s, Goa, Israel, South Africa, UK|
|Typical instruments:||Various software synthesizers, Roland SH-101, Roland TB-303, Roland TR-909, Roland JP-8000, Access Virus, Clavia Nord Lead, Waldorf, Sequencer, Sampler, Filtered vocals|
|Mainstream popularity:||Europe, Israel, Japan, Brazil, Mexico, Australia, South Africa, and a nascent movement in New York City|
|Dark – Melodic – Progressive|
|Psychedelic ambient, Psychedelic techno|
|India — Finland — South Africa — UK|
|Notable artists and DJs — Psychedelia|
The original Goa trance was often made with popular Modular synthesizers and hardware samplers, but the preference in Psychedelic trance has moved to sample manipulation and storage in VST and AU software sampler applications. The use of analog synthesizers for sound synthesis has given way to digital "virtual analog" instruments like the Nord Lead, Access Virus, Korg MS-2000, Roland JP-8000 and computer VST and AU plugins like Native Instruments Reaktor. These are usually controlled by MIDI sequencers within Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) applications.
The name psychedelic provides an umbrella term for the many divergent styles of psychedelic electronica, including: Goa; melodic; dark; progressive; progressive trance; suomi; psybreaks; sometimes even psybient; and "classic" psy. Some of these styles have very little similarity except that they are all a psychedelic variety of electronic music such that many in the scene believe the name "psytrance" is completely meaningless. Most people who have been with the music and the surrounding scene for years, simply refer to the breed of electronica as "psychedelic". Referring to it as "psychedelic" also distinguishes the style from the 'clubbier' trance music and reinforces the roots of Goa trance in the psychedelic community.
Psychedelic trance used to be distinguished by a fast tempo, in the range 140 to 150 BPM. The emphasis in melodic psychedelic trance is placed strongly on purely synthesized timbres for programming and lead melodies.
Psychedelic trance has a distinctive, speedy sound. High BPMs (generally between 120 and 150 BPM) tend to be faster than other forms of trance or techno music. Psychedelic trance uses strong bass beats that pound constant throughout the song, and overlays the bass with varying rhythms using drums and other synthesized instruments. Psychedelic trance tracks tend to be 8-12 minutes long, This gives the music time to develop slowly, building up to a climax before breaking back down to rebuild again. Layering is used to great effect in Psychedelic trance, with new musical ideas being added on at regular intervals, often every 4 or 8 bars. This buildup will happen till a climax is reached, and then the song will break down and start a new rhythmic pattern over the constant bass line.See also
- Full On
- Goa trance
- Dark psytrance
- Psychedelic music
- Psychedelic art
- Trance music
- Progressive psytrance
- Ambient music
- List of electronic music genres
Psy-name.com, Psychedelic & Goa Trance Radio List
Active Communities / Party Organizers in the United States
- Alladin Project, a psytrance community in New York City
- 28THDAY, a psytrance community in New York City
- 6362 Metaforce, a psytrance community in New York City
- Tsunami, a psytrance record label / party organizer in New York City
- PSYNY, a psytrance community in New York City
- Psytribe, a psytrance community in California
- Green Sector, a psytrance community in California
- Terrakroma, a pstyrance community in Los Angeles, California
- Chilluminati , a psytrance community in Chicago
- Trance Psyndicate, a psytrance community in Central Illinois
- Overmind Works, a psytrance community in Arizona
- Atlpsy, a psytrance community in Atlanta
- TOUCH Samadhi, a psytrance community in Asheville,North Carolina
- Organica, a psytrance community in Second Life
- Gaian Mind, a psytrance community in Philly
- Mindoutpsyde, a psytrance community based out of Iowa City
- Psysurfeur.com - Psytrance Goa Video and DVD - Psychedelic Culture.
- Goaplace.com - The new Media and Party-Server
- eventnow.tv - Psytrance party videos and DJ mixes
- Psy Trance Artist Interviews - Psytrance artist interviews, CD Reviews and Event flyers
- Psy Trance Link Pages - Psy Trance Link Section of Flying Rhino featuring all things psy trance
- Psychedelic trance mp3 - Psychedelic trance site
- How the Hippies Discovered EDM - history of psychedelic trance
- Psytrance and the Spirituality of Electronics - a formal description of the musicology and structure of Goa and psychedelic trance.
- Sampling Paradise: The Technofreak Legacy of Golden Goa - Goa Trance in the mother ship and a complete outlook of the scene.
- A Decade of Psychedelic Trance - a synthesis on the history of Goa Trance.
- A Psykotropic Trip Through Tribedelic Transcapes - an article that explores the phenomenon of Goa trance.
- Goa Stories - An interesting collection of articles about Goa ranging from the history of the freak scene, the phenomena of Goa Trance and the corruption of the police
- Nativos - Psytrance and Psychedelic Collective. Psychedelic Culture.
- Psytranceradio.net, Psytranceradio Psytrance on Net Hamburg Hometown of Goasound
- Philosomatika, Philosomatika is a 24/7 streaming radio station exclusively playing Goa & Psychedelic Trance
- microdots.org, Microdots is a 24/7 streaming radio station exclusively playing Psychedelic Goa Trance. You can request tracks online from a collection of more than 400 hours of music.