The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

MY FIFTEEN MINUTE AFTERNOON BREAK 3:30-3:45 PM March 12, 2002

I said yesterday that I would explain what the Deposit Man was about- but I'll see what time is left after I say a few other things.

MY FIFTEEN MINUTE AFTERNOON BREAK will be a regular feature of whatever I want to cram in on a mid afternoon break at where I work- so this is will be appearing every Monday to Friday afternoon at 3:47 PM Pacific time.

I want to give thanks to Heidi MacDonald for suggesting this idea to vent what bits and pieces act as a floatation device in my head.
Heidi and I go back a aways since I met her by happenstance back in the late eighties at the San Diego Comic Con. It was a one weird encounter and I'll have to do a tribute memoir to her one of these days, maybe on a anniversary.

But I also want to give thanks to the people who have me in other endeavors such as Mark Capuano, who helped bring my vision to life when he agreed to pick up the slack of helping me self publish my Deposit Man books after this other ' editor /publisher ' out in the east coast slacked off and gave me the run around on getting a proper deal. Mark helped me display at a few trade shows like Comic Con International and APE- . He elected not to continue his services and opted to move to upstate New York and start a web business consulting firm ( I don't know the proper terminlogy- so sue me). I couldn't have gotten my foot off the ground without him-

but now I'm going to have to start over again, but I've got new people on my team: Alan Sinder is going to be my new editor on the mini-series ( after my ex-roommate and one of my best female buds on the planet, Rebecca Robbins has departed due to her hectic work schedule of teaching pre-schoolers and tutoring- get this- Michael (the Shield )Chiklis's kids) and I'm welcoming aboard Oliver Simonsen as my book designer ( taking over from Mark's position) Oliver is also a self-publisher of What? Comics featuring Captain Zap- He professes himself to be a big fan ( or is that only) fan of my Deposit Man book. So, hey what the hell- I could use the cheap llabor.

Well, tomorrow I'l ramble some more about my favorite misfit eviction service officer from Heaven

Because my fifteen minutes are up.

Cary Coatney




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home