The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Monday, March 07, 2005

AND NOW A WORD FROM OUR SPONSOR....



In case anyone is wondering.. Here is my sponsor on the back of the new Deposit Man.. Posted by Hello

John Mitchell- the guitar player for Kino is from this band, as well as doing session work for John Wetton, and has another side outfit called the Urbane. I've met John a few times and we've hung together through arrangements made through my buddy from the land of down under, Matt Goodluck (it's no major feat: you just crash the hotel room of your favorite cult status band who can't afford a pot to piss in, who've somehow managed to get into this country by bribing their way with work visas that probably cost a bundle of 'payola' under the table and start singing the band's repertoire in a unusual off-key manner- rock bands are usually harmless- they know when you're equally as young, stupid, and drunk as they are. They'll take you under their wing and kick or nurture you around some- 'cause you know, they can't really afford anyone to beat the shit out of you for making an ass of yourself). John was like, just a wet-nosed kid when I last saw him- it's all so startling to see him reach this pinnacle of professional playing and holding his own musicially for the past eight years or so. At times, he is simply phenomenonal. Citing his influences, from David Gilmour to the Edge- I would say he's at the point where he can probably blow both of those snaggle-tooth dinosaurs away.

This is incredible stuff- even though by today's cultural standards- it would sound passe' if it had managed to get airplay on radio stations today.

Anyway, I was merely fucking around some more with the Hello and Picasa software that I installed today in my work computer, So from now on, if I show you pretty pictures, you'll know in the text what the fuck I'm talking about.

I've had a good relationship with Arena for quite some time. I've received a great number of comp copies of all the Verglas products due to my friendship with their one-time package designer, Matt Goodluck, who went on to help found the Insideout Music label which is now a haven for most progressive rock acts. When Matt left, keyboard player, Clive Nolan continued to send me stuff once in a while. So putting up an ad for them is reciprocal in some aspects (both are paid homage with a cameo appearance in my new book). I don't like this album as much as do their earlier efforts, The Visitor or Contagion- but it's certainly a step above Immortal? And just where did they get the title Pepper's Ghost anyway? Some told me on a message board that there is a similar concept read by Alan Moore on one of his spoken word recordings. Venture to say that the game's afoot, Dr. Nolan?

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home