The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Thursday, March 13, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK March 13, 2003 3:50-4:05 PM

Well this edition is late, because of some priority job that came on my desk. I don't know what it is- it's some computer coded paycheck system called WIF- it's looks like bank account numbers, I don't know- I never inquire, I just input it in the system and viola- it's done in twenty minutes. That's the best thing for working at this film company- one day you'll be saturated with so much work- you'll have to put in 12 hour days and for a few days there will be only be 2 hours worth of work to do- the rest of the day I can jerk around on the net or take two hour lunches- doesn't matter. I have to be punched in for eight a hours a day, regardless in case something comes in at the last minute.

I keep saying I'm going to tell you all about what the Deposit Man is about, but I want to talk about my artist Larry instead- Larry Nadolsky does all the penciling, inking, and word balloons for the Deposit Man- although with the second part of my mini-series THE DEPOSIT MAN's LAST GREAT GATE OF MORTALITY, I told him I'd start to applying something like ComicKraft to the lettering and Alan and I are taking a different approach to editing. Before when I did my first two books, I had Rebecca edit everything from my script and she would add in few lines of dialogue herself. Alan said he wants to edit the book from an artist's perspective. So Larry finally broke the news that my long awaited first chapter in the mini-series is finally finished and he'll be sending the pages out this weekend- while I'll be sending out reference materials for Chapter 2 to draw upon. Both Larry and I had strange things go on in our lives last year that prevented us from getting this out in a timely manner- but hopefully we'll get on top of things this time- The last thing I put out was an ashcan of the first ten completed pages at APE 2002.

We've been slacking.

Well, My fifteen minutes are up.

Cary Coatney
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home