The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Monday, July 07, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK July 7, 2003

I have a week and a half to prepare for San Diego. I'm not entirely sure what the gameplan is going to be yet. I'm still waiting for offical word from my boss whether of not that I will count these as sick days or 'floater days' (at one time my company once referred to them as Harry Potter days on the cusp of that movie's success). Basically floater days are personal days that you are reimbursed for after working for the company a certain amount of time. I don't take days off here at work because I have to accumulate time off to go to conventions and such as it pertains to my personal side gig as a struggling small independent comic book writer. There are plenty of other conventions I would love to see across this country, let alone across the globe, such as SPX in Baltimore or the mid-Ohio con in Columbus, or the Dragon Con in Atlanta- but for the foreseeable future, they are not to be because of my committments to my employer. (editor's note: my boss literally just stepped in with the form for me to sign as I was composing this).

A new convention that is catching my eye right now, that I'm making plans on attending is the new Extrosion being held in Las Vegas in connection with a Diamond Retailer Seminar on October 31-November Check out www.LasVegasComicCon.com for details on attending. It's going to be very convenient for me to attend since my father resides in the area and it's only going to a hop and a skip from the Mandalay Bay resort of where the convention will be held.

So with it being Monday and all- I thought I would start a little shopping list of things I will need to take with me and it will be useful of checking in on this entry of those last minute items as I prepare to pack. Hey, maybe this will help those attending who are reading this as well-

Now I already had some things done beforehand such as making Hotel reservations and I've recently acquired a new credit card just for the occasion- although my limit expectations was lower than I expected. I also went on the lot to buy a special badge holder- because those passes that the convention staff gives you have the tendency to fall apart or snap off while you're fast sauntering back and forth on the convention floor.

But in no particular order, and I'll probably adding more to this as the week flies by.

Next Monday I need to go to the mall to buy slacks.

Need to take my suits to the cleaners.

Buy new sneakers.

Buy new shoes.

Buy new underwear- because there's nothing worse than wearing old underwear and I find it very irritating when sweating up the crotches of the old ones with those itchy scratchy skid marks. Fresh underwear is easily identifiable from old underwear, whereas, you know fresh underwear was just worn yesterday as opposed to old underwear which you have been wearing nearly all your life. Also, buying new underwear gives you a good reason to throw out or incinerate your old underwear.

Anyway, enough of underwear.

Next Sunday after I see Pirates of the Carribean and League of Extraordinary Gentlemen, I'm zipping down to Venice Beach to buy a few of my ' what did someone at a party I attended to referred them as?' oh yeah- leisure pants! I call them cheap 10 dollar Baggies myself and I usually make it a annual chore to buy new Baggies in time for San Diego. One or two black pairs and maybe one of those with kaleidoscopic looking patterns or prints. What can I say? Only in Southern California - because they would certainly look out of place walking around in New York City wearing them. Trust me, I've already done it.

Also while I'm there, I might as well pick one of those cheap 5 pair tube socks that go for $ 5.00, and sunglasses too.

After I leave work next Tuesday, I'll check in my employee store to see what's the latest in fashion.

Maybe a CD Walkman?

Purple post cards promoting the new upcoming Deposit Man book.

A few boxes of 'free giveways' to place on Erica Grant's table for those who purchase products at our booth.

I'll probably be going on and one with more stuff as I think it up.

Tomorrow, I'll be dipping in a recollection of this party I had at my house on July 4th and although I was mightily inebraited early on, I find out that someone has been poking around in my affairs.

Not very pleased about that.

~

Coat





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home