The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK July 2, 2003

One of the great perks about working for a movie company - is free screenings of movies before they come out, well, at least a day before they come out. Last weekend I was screened the first two episodes of the sixth season of Sex And the City, a series I had never seen before- now that I've been exposed (not to a STD, you silly), I want to grab each season set there is on DVD.

Now that I've seen T 3 - and seen how utterly fucking magnificant it was- it making me all nostalgic for all the first two on DVD! It was enjoyable for the first screen minute to well past the credits- I haven't been held in cringing suspense in so long since- well, maybe 28 Day Later. Great fucking chases, great knock 'em down fights (one battle even takes place in a men's bathroom and both termintor go at each other with urinals - sort of reminded me of Radiohead's last song on the new album- Wolf at the Door- Dance you little fucker/ and don't you dare give me that urinal in the face/urinal in the face However, the ending was just a tad of a swipe from Beneath the Planet of the Apes, if you ask me.

July 4th weekend - trying to take it easy- I will be finish scripting those two difficult final pages of my sixth Deposit Man book- planning on having my own private Farscape mini marathon amongst other things- I have to keep it cheap. Crucial time saving up for San Diego.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home