The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Wednesday, August 13, 2003

ABSOLUTELY NO CHANGE FROM YESTERDAY August 13, 2003

As far as Deposit Man goes. Last night I went over to a restuarant in Santa Monica called Schatzi's on Main. A friend of mine, Eugene Mandelcorn is a president of an organization called Film Artists Network - FAN for short, and every month or so he hosts a gather of amatuer filmmakers, producers, actors, and writers- the whole gamut of whoever is trying to shoehorn their way into the industry - here you schmooze around and shoot the shit for $10 to get in. The most attractive thing about having a little soiree month to month at this particular place is that it is owned by Arnold Schwarzenegger - our replacement governor in case this ridiculous recall election falls through- and even then, what is the point- to have someone take over someone else' s job with a little more than a year remaining on the contract? Fah.

My assignment over there was to help my synthesizer player chugging buddy, Clive Nolan from Arena and Pendragon to score some film scoring gigs. What I did was I gave a CD promo copy of Arena's latest, Contagion to some prospectful producer for an exchange of an business card with an e-mail address. I got three or four contacts for him last night- so I hope it all works out for him.

Well, I'm beat- and I need to take a nap due to my getting home late last night.

The Brits who were staying at my house are leaving tonight- so I get to sleep in a bed for once.

~

Coat


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home