The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Wednesday, August 06, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK August 6, 2003

The ripple effects from San Diego is causing havoc with my checkbook or either this Las Vegas Comic Con coming up Halloween weekend is just too soon to start worrying about. I sent off a check covering half of what I'm supposed to pay for a table. And jeez, it's just too soon to jump from one con to another. I don't know how people can make the transition from San Diego to Wizard World in Chicago, I just don't see how it is financially feasible for independent creators. I know from a self publishing standpoint there is no way in hell that I could afford to do both. But this new organization running the Vegas shows wants the balance to be paid in full by the first of next month- and I don't know if I'm going to be able to swing it. This is going to mean that there is going to be no DVD season set splurging for a while. Rent also has to be paid. Other outstanding credit card bills have to be paid off as well.

Let alone the cost of a table- my crew is starting to take shape. Oliver came by my house Monday to pick up some pages to take home so he can begin reformatting the lettering. A few hours ago, I set up a meeting with this guy with whom I want to paint my next three covers. I think this guy is phenomonal, and I hope he does a good job with the cover concepts I have in mind. If he agrees on taking the assignment (and my advance) I'll be telling more about him next week- but for now, his name will be known simply as 'anonymous'. Meanwhile, my editor and computer tech guy, Alan Sinder is living the high life vacationing in Tokoyo. Don't know when if and when he's coming back. The only drawback to all this assemblage of people getting together to work is- yep,....more moola to be handed out. Like I said, no DVDs for the month of August until (well,...I'm making an exception for Farscape) this is put behind me.

Maybe tomorrow I will expand on my beach trip- I've still got stuff to say.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home