The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Monday, April 14, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK April 14, 2003

Swamped as usual. The son of a bitch workload never lets up. I can probably chalk it up to the May Sweeps.

I had a real busy weekend. I decided on the spur of the moment to undertake a new project- a physical project. Every Saturday, for the remainder of this month and into the next I decided it's time to call it quits in renting storage space for my big portion of my comic book collection. The funny thing, I don't even remember the last time I was ever at my storage area to check up on things because it's clear out on the Northwestern end of the San Fernando Valley, Northridge to be precise. I lived breifly out in Northridge on several occasions since I made the permanent move to Los Angeles, and since then I've seen the place deteriorate before my veyes and I have to yet again, chalk it up to gangs. Gangs have swooped in made the main thoughfare of Northridge into gangbanger territory. There is plenty of petty crime, graffiti, and intimidation in abundance. So I make sure that whatever I have to do to get things prepped up for the move, I make sure to do it in the daytime.

I found a few treasured items that I forgot that I had- like a lot of those Marvel Masterworks Hardcover series in first print, Omaha the Cat Dancer & Love & Rockets tradepaperbacks and lots of graphic novel collections from the mid-eighties. Who knows if any of this shit worth anything?

I also picked up the new Saga album, Marathon over the weekend. It took me a month to locate it- due that the Canadian band has very low distribution out here, but are a huge success overseas. And they record all their albums at a studio a few miles from my house.

Oh well, more tomorrow because, as usual, my fifteen minutes are up,

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home