The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Wednesday, April 02, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAKApril 2, 2003

II'm going to share a little secret with all of you-

Last night I began to write a review of the King Crimson concert I recently attended. I got in around three good paragraphs before I started to nod off on the keyboard- but I got the thinking process in full gear so that I'm comfortable enough to finish up the review with complete confidence when I get back to it.

The Thinking Process goes like this- I punch out from work at five in the afternoon, then one of my supervisors drops me at Riverside Drive in Toucla Lake and I walk about half a mile to my evening office and while I'm walking, I'll run through my head of what the review will consist of and then when I finally get to my destination- I take a yellow tablet and make out a outline covering the entire gamut of what of everything I've been thinking from beginning to end, taking special note of where I will put the clever snide remarks to give it that special edge or voice. Also, I jot down of what I need to research as facts ( for example: I want to say a few words about Trey Gunn's mastery of a Warr Guitar- but some fellow Dephiforum members came through and saved me some vaulable google time) so I don't come across as a buffoon, even though buffoonery is a charactistic I openly emphasize- then I hit a dictionary or a thesaurus or two for some words that I can toss around to make it look like I have some modicum of intelligence- but only if I use those words correctly. There are some words that I come across that I fall instantly in love with because of the way they look or sound or plain simply of how they're laid out before me like some Picasso painting- Another example is the word ' scintillating' - a word I am aware of, but never had the opportunity of making it's acquiantance in the course of my writing. Another word I've been hearing thrown around on either network newscasts or radio talk shows is 'exacerbate'. I suppose it's usage has recently become more popular during war time coverage due to the fact that the situation has been getting worse and worse since the USA has jumped the gun in entering this insane war and it's not going according to schedule like the Emperor regime would like it to be.

I've been applying this techinque for many years when I first started to submit articles and letters to Comics Buyer's Guide. You see, there is indeed a method to my madness.

Well, out of time- and tonight I'll probably resume where I left off in my Deposit Man rewrite. Maybe tomorrow I'll touch lightly on the subject of character development.

My fifteen minutes are up.

~

Cary Coatney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home