The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Thursday, April 10, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK April 10, 2003

Do I have a political or a religious agena? I never really thought about it. I know when I'm writing The Deposit Man, I throw in a few lines in here or there of things that I wish would disappear off the face of the earth. One thing that truly galls me is Scientology- I just think this religion based on a bet made between two now deceased science-fiction authors to who could start up a cult first is appalling ( it also served as the inspiration for the movie Trading Places starring Dan Ackroyd and Eddie Murphy)- I mean, c'mon folks: the jokes over. In recent years, a now defunct alternative area newspaper here in the Los Angeles area ran a series of scathing exposes exposing L Ron Hubbards work carrying automatons for the money grubbing frauds they are. These vulture pus sucking leeches will prey on the weak and the helpless ( including the physically challenged) and try to siphon these poor hardworking people of their every last cent through brainwashing and deceit. In fact, come to think of it, I have a beef with all religion in generals. I even get accosted by Jewish people who try to flaunt their beliefs in my face and insist that I join their synagogues- which is a first for me- Jewish people hawking their torahs. There's usally a waiting list if you want to be converted to a Jew. I wonder why some rabbi was willing to give me a free pass? Heck, I usually got to hold the Christian fanatics at bay who try to sneak their worthless Watchtower magazines or pamphlets in my book bag while strolling down Ventura Blvd- now I gotta go knocking off yamulkes off people's heads, too?

But anyway, yeah, the abolishment and the complete denial of religion plays a prominent role in the creation of the Deposit Man - it's like a atheist coming in uninvited in a internet catholic chatroom and wrecking the place up and then try to reconstruct all the shit you were shoved down in Sunday School into his own image. The reason why I went on this rant was because I was rewriting this scene in my Deposit Man book and it dealt with a turf war between the made up religions of Scientogolists and Self -Relationship Followers (swami shit). I keep going back to re-tweak it now and then, because I want to get it just right. But- I think the most important of writing an epic book of the Deposit Man is propeling the story along- something I'm not gettting the knack of.

Well, as usual, my fifteen minutes are up.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home