The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Monday, March 31, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK March 31, 2003

Rewriting scripts are a pain in the ass. Yesterday morning I get up at 8 30 AM to work on my rewrite on the sixth issue of the Deposit Man, and I get stuck on a line- a line I could write twenty different times and still not get it- now I understand why scripts doctors get paid a lot of money- they got to deal with the frustration of getting everything just right. The scenerio is this- County coroners and LA Police detectives are carrying out Spice Cakes in a body bag from a seedy East LA watering hole and someone makes a reference that the Deposit Man's nemesis- Marty was the one responsible and has been killed in a police shootout. The main detective handling the case makes a joke in reference to Marty having left ' a fluid ' mark in Spice Cakes' hair and wants to boast about his involvement in taking down Marty. The other cops not having heard the news asks how it went down. I fussed with twenty variations on how to ask how did it all go down- What do you mean(?) was one. How do you mean(?) was another. Leaving my house at approx noon- I slapped my head like forgettin to chug down a V-8 - To make the line to sound more chic- why didn't I consider " How you figure' - now that's a line a uneducated street wise cop would ask. I gotta change it tonight-

Shit, my fifteen minutes are up.

~

Cary Coatney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home