The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Wednesday, April 09, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK April 9, 2003

Interesting, now things change and they still remain the same. Now cliched is that? Just a few hours ago I was surfing away on the net and checking to see what's new in the world of progressive rock, and lo and behold, on a progressive rock label's website do I find that they are releasing an album of brand new material by none other than..... David Lee Roth! Somehow, I mind the merging of an old eighties act with a label that puts out some intensifying acts of those with integrity and well practised musicanship kind of well....intriguing. I can hardly wait of what the result will be. But on a side note, I gotta remember that this label, Magna Carta sort of resurrected Kansas's career and the singer of that band, Steve Walsh has released a superb solo release called Glossalonia (sp?) through this label and has popped up with guest vocals on several new releases such as the Explorer's Club and Leonardo. Hopefully this will pan out for dear old Diamond Dave. I forgot to mention that Sandman cover artist, Dave McKean has contributed many of his talents to these CD covers as well.

Another perk to this release, and I hope I'm right about this, even though I'm not so sure- but I'm good friends with this woman of whom I used to work with in a mortgage company going back about six or seven years now- and she is now happily married to this guitar player who's made his living doing some of these retro disco acts that you see every now and then at some local clubs in the LA area. Eventually he went on and joined another outfit that does nothing but Van Halen covers, David Lee Roth happened to see his act and invited him to join his touring band- but whether or not he is recording this disc with Roth remains to be seen. So I'm going to have to do some investigating.

So until then, my fifteen minutes are up,

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home