The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Friday, March 28, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK March 28, 2003

Reflecting on my trip to Vegas last weekend- I find it pretty radical to have a father who's hip to what's happening in the world in a unilateral cultural sense. Last Satuday after my brother and his family left to go home to buttfuck Nebraska- my dad generally hung out and showed me some of the places of where he works in Henderson, Nevada. But on the way out there, we first stopped over at comic book shop called Alternative Reality on 4800 Maryland Pkwy. I was recommended to the place by the shop owner's wife, Kady Mae ( as far as I know that is her handle name on the Delphimessage boards), I don't really know her real name- but anyway- I was flabbergasted to find that my dad was actually thumbing through the books and asking me questions as to what they were about.

What really took him by surprise was that he didn't know the source material for the movies From Hell and Road to Perdition, came from a comic book. Both movies he enjoyed in the theater. Yeah, it pretty radical all right- it's just a shame I didn't know the guy while I was growing up and I always wonder what influence he would have had on me in some twisted Marvel What If scenerio if he had raised me instead of the egomaniacal swill drunk fuck I got stuck with. My dad also flipped over my DVD copy of Dune, as it something he fondly remembered reading while he was stuck in 'Nam.

By the Way My dad bought the Wonder Woman book that Paul Dini and Alex Ross did a few years back. He loves the art.

Well, King Crimson Saturday night- and the Core on Sunday-

Until next time-

My fifteen minutes are up.

Cary Coatney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home