The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Thursday, March 27, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK March 27, 2003

My local newspaper had Genesis keyboradist, Tony Banks listed on their birthday list. Without even realizing it, I brought along Tony's first solo album, A Curious Feeling, made during between his break recording Genesis' And Then There Were Three and Duke. I remember guitar and bass player Mike Rutherford released a excellent solo album during this period entitled Smallcreep's Day- but unlike Tony, Mike got airplay on New York's WNEW FM Friday afternoon's British Things hosted by Scott Muni back in the fall of 1979. I remember the first song, Water Into Wine was a staple track to blast my boombox speakers to the highest decibel level during those afternoon paper routes I had.

Usually my listening habits of work consist of listening to a lot of progressive rock CD and some odds and ends- like ELO's last 2000 disaster ZOOM. What a fucking joke that record was. Then I listen to some broadband internet radio WGNU out of St. Louis.
It's a eclectic blend of conservative and liberal talk show hosts. There's a Dr. Laura wannabee named Dr Pat on Tuesadys, Chief Police Officer Wigger on Wednesdays, and jazz musican Calvin's Corner on Thursdays. Then I switch to some old time radios on Media Bay dot com. Then back to some more prog CDs and finally, a progressive rock station, www.deliciousagony.com with live dj.

Out of time,

Cary Coatney

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home