The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Tuesday, June 10, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK- THE SPECIAL EDITION June 10, 2003

I got time to lay down another track down on memory lane. This is one is about the time I outsmarted the ROGER when I was in the seventh or eighth grade. I guess they call that middle school or junior high school.

The first part I'm going to have to do a little set up- because this is a very messy complicated story to tell.

During the summer months of school vacation- the entire disenfranchised unit that commonly referred itself as 'a well functioning family' would take around two, or sometimes three trips up to New England, especially Rhode Island, although sometimes we would go to Boston. Most the ROGER 's demented clan hailed from New England and believe me, they were just as monstrous and loopy as he was. Most particular was his sister, the Terrible TERRY. I discovered later on, that the woman had been in and out of mental hospitals most of her life. I didn't have the capacity to comprehend the theory of mental illness when I was in my grade school years- so I always wondered why she did the things she did. I distinctively remember one time when she came down to New Jersey for a visit, she got picked up at a Greyhound station by her brother, THE ROGER and within hours of her arriving at the apartment, she began to harp endlessly about how her little brother didn't know the real truth about her being adopted. Well, the ROGER really felt that she was off her rocker and they started arguing into the wee hours of the morning. It all turned ugly when they started shouting and then it ended with her running out the door without a stitch of clothing on. She ran screaming out of the apartment complex naked and was later found in two towns over when she was picked up by the local cops for indecent exposure and BAM, it was back into the nut house.

There was another incident when I was left alone with her when we were out visiting her in Providence, R.I. which basically meant that THE ROGER and my mother went out with some other members of my family for a dinner engagement and since the TERRY didn't want to go, she reluctantly stayed behind to babysit my sister and I. The TERRY thought it would be fun to have a little psychological profile at my expense by planting a tape recorder as she asked me a whole bunch of crap about how I felt about the subject of Jesus Christ and Satan. When The ROGER and my mom came back they were distressed to discover that the TERRY had not given us dinner (I wasn't really that hungry anyway, I had a bunch of BLACK PANTHER/JUNGLE ACTION comics to keep me occupied), and on a spur of the moment, the Terrible TERRY whipped out the tape recorder and played our 'interview' for a joke. Needlessly, the ROGER was not amused by my answers but chided his sister for secretly taping me anyway. I'll finish up this little tidbit tomorrow. The actual focus on this narrative is on the ROGER's niece and how she got me in a shitload of trouble back in the summer of ''77.

My fifteen minutes are up.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home