The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Thursday, July 10, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK July 10, 2003

Last night was quite a milestone in Deposit Man brainstorming session history (as if there really is such a thing) as I got all the people currently on the book involved to talk to one another by setting up a phone conference. None of them have ever spoken to each other before. I had Alan talk to Oliver and l had Oliver talk to Larry and we all got our heads together and thought out a plan. One thing we seriously considered on is to release Larry from his lettering duties and do the books from now on with computer fonts - and both Oliver and Alan do have capable lettering fonts on their computers to do the word balloons and captions- but I'm hoping it doesn't start to look like a Marvel comic project- as I really abhor the lettering fonts in their books. But we're also seriously considering re-lettering the soon to be released Deposit Man and the Last Great Gate of Mortality Act One book in time for Vegas - we're going to test a page to see how it works out. So it's great everyone got to meet or speak with each other.

My tech support guy, Alan Sinder has now got my preview peek at the new artwork here:

http://us.f415.mail.yahoo.com/ym/ShowLetter/25_26DepManweb.jpg?box=Inbox&MsgId=6233_4523911_194900_951_86681_0_86710_112846_4294891691&bodyPart=2&filename=25_26DepManweb.jpg&tnef=&YY=3064&order=down&sort=date&pos=0

Don't ask me how it all works- but man, that's lot to paste up. I'm glad Alan is around to navigate me through this computer stuff from where Mark left off.

Also, hopefully this blog will be going out live when I start my new yahoogroups.

Group home page: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/depositman

Group email address: depositman@yahoogroups.com

I'll be bringing a lot of goddamn freebies to hand out to all good girls and boys who are attending San Diego Comic Con International. Stop by booth #1947. I'm going to have CDs, cassettes, and lps, along with the new Deposit Man Purple postcard colored by Oliver Simsonsen. Also I'm expecting some promos from Clive Nolan's Verglas Record label to give out at the convention too (of course, I can't forget the old disclaimer - offer good while supplies last). Clive is a world reknown keyboard player who has worked and recorded with bands, most notably Pendragon, Shadowland, Strangers On a Train, and Arena. In addition to those bands, he also does some timecrunching collaborations on projects with Rick Wakeman's youngest son, Oliver Wakeman amongst others.

I'll talk more in length about him in another entry.

I hope to get them in the mail this weekend.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home