The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Tuesday, July 29, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK July 29, 2003

Starting to feel the crunch of the Comic Con aftermath. Financially, I mean. This week is dedicated to paying off the bills I set aside or put off so I could look like I could actually afford it when in all actuality, I really couldn't.

Credit Card bills. Storage bills. Union dues. Columbia Tape Club overdue payments. Rent. Thought I had it all figured out - until someone reminded me from the store that I have a 'silent' partnership in- that all a whole bunch of shit that I ordered four months ago all came in a single week. Books like Jack Kirby's Jimmy Olson collection, The Challengers of the Unknown Archives, Harlan Ellison's Vic And Blood, Fables' Animal Farm collection- a whole plethora of trade paperbacks totaling $150.00 has to be cleared out this week because I didn't put down a deposit on it otherwise, it gets picked clean by the vultures who hibernate the store's corridors.

What I really wanted to do was start paying some of my people off for work on the new Deposit Man this week.

I have to arrange a meeting with this young impressionable penciller/painter who is wwilling to paint my covers. I keep running into him by chance - last Friday it was a Carl's Jr that was a few doors down from Earth 2. I collected his new number and e-mail address so I should meet with him in a week to discuss how I want the cover to look like and I can't come to this meeting unless I have some cash up front to show him I mean business.

Tonight and tomorrow, I should be in the final stretch of polishing off this outdoor marketing essay. I'm actually excited in going to my secret location and inserting the qoutes I've gotten either through e-mails or interviews over the weekend. I have to wake up real early to make a phone call to England and talk to a representive from Viacom Outdoor Media (8 hours time difference) about how they decorate all those double decker buses in London with movie ads. What are they made of and how can people see through them while the bus is in motion?

I'm sure the answers will startle me- but not fascinate others.

Well, I'll be taking a stroll though Toucla Lake ( why are local broadcasters referring to it as Lake Toucla? ) to see the somberness of the town due to the reaction of Bob Hope's passing. If I pass by his house, I'll pause to pay my respects.

~

Coat



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home