The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Thursday, July 24, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK July 24, 2003

I'm about ready to get back in the grind - of getting back into the groove of a rigorous writing schedule. As I stated before, I've got approval for a writing assignment for Comics Buyer's Guide detailing outdoor marketing, but on top of that I want to send out submissions to DC Comics about an idea for a Batman Black & White story and I see on the Dark Horse site that Mike Richardson is now going on a big submission spree to look for a whole new line of books. I think if I tone down the profanity and sexual innuenendos, I could be a shoo-in. I'm good friends with a world reknown editor, and I could probalby woo my way into her good graces. She has already told me at several conventions that my Deposit Man book has potential if it were to be marketed properly.

I've been getting back into the grind of checking out all my usual website haunts. I spent most of last night reading message boards on what people thought of the new forthcoming Batman DTV feature: The Mystery of the Batwoman. Most word of mouth has been positive but they're equally balanced with a lot of complaints that Paul Williams did not reprise his voice as the Penguin. Word towards who the identity of the Batwoman really is is being kept mum, which is good for me since I didn't stick around to find out, although I already have a sneaking suspicion of who she is.

Cartoons in the summertime- there's nothing better in life than seeing new cartoons especially on these sweltering nights. I've got a co-worker helping me not feel left out on all the cable cel and CGI delights hitting the tube. So I look forward to Saturday mornings with a six hour tape of new Ren & Stimpy cartoons, Gary the Rat, and the magnificent looking Stripperella (directed by Kevin Alterai (?) shit, I don't know how to spell his name and I was hanging with him and Rafael Navvaro last Saturday night in SD). The not so great MTV Spider-Man that reminds me of animatics gone wild and the new TEEN TITANS, of which I eagerly await to see. I also have new episodes of X-Men: Evolution to look forward come next month.

I love my fuckin' cartoons.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home