The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Friday, July 25, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK July 25, 2003

I've got the deadline fever beginning to stir in my soul.

I think I did some sensational work revising my analysis of the Outdoor marketing media in the essay I'm doing for Comics Buyer's Guide. I gotta earn my pro status somehow with all these conventions lurking about, because I'm pretty sure that my Deposit Man series isn't earning me any frequent flier miles even as we speak. Anyway, I took all my notes and sat down and constructed a first draft of what the article would look like and I truly wish I could HALF ASS it here but I run that risk of not being paid for it if it were to run in another form and there could be those pesky internet pirates roaming around looking to plunder anything that moves. But I'm happy with what I have so far- all I have left to do some is interview questions either by e-mail and in person at some comic book retail stores and I'll be sending this off to beddy bye soon enough.

Speaking of internet piracy, I read with great interest that Harlan Ellison was featured on the front page of the Wall Street Journal concerning his second round on taking AOL on in a lawsuit involving the illegal download of several of his stories online. I'm personally rooting for the guy- but if my company of whom I work for were to find out that I actually contributed to his legal defense- I'd be up shit creek in a typhoon for breach of ethics- but I think I contributed long before I was 'offically' hired- but I had still had ties to the company when I was simply 'contracting' for them. I marvel at the fact that Harlan reports in the last paragrah that due to the length of this legal battle, that he has no more than $1000.00 in his bank account. I should call to ask him to try being me once in a while. I've been struggling to keep a grand in my bank account for as long as I could learn to walk. And all Harlan is asking the court for is the reimbursement of all his legal fees and to repay back those who contributed plus an extra $20.00. But I'm not going to wait up at night to turn my lungs blue to get my $60.00 back anytime soon. In fact, if Harlan does decide to refund my money, I will simply turn it down. Eventually that day will come soon enough when everyone's literary works will be downloaded illegally, just the same as musicans are constantly losing royalty sales to Napster or somesuch.

Shit, it's going to be a another weekend of conflicts. Local Sherman Oaks resident Geoff Johns is his DC Comic books signing at Earth - 2 tomorrow. The new MTA Gold Line going from Los Angeles to Pasadena opens this weekend. Free rides and street fairs will be at every station. The LA Comic Book and Sci-fi Shrine Auditorium show is this Sunday, and two new movies I want to see; Seabiscuit and Tomb Raider open up today. Plus I gotta a shitload of cartoons on DVD and video to catch up on.

Like I've said once before, it not easy being me when I got so much material possession to plunder for myself.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home