The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Tuesday, April 22, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK April 22, 2003

Back from a long weekend. Actually half of it was work. Another shitload of useless overseas home video sales came in and complicated my life, shutting aside personal things I had planned to do - like for instance, taking inventory of what comic books I have in storage. Since I came in to work on Saturday, I couldn't get to my unit on Sunday because my storage area was closed for Easter. Now another tidal wave of shit is rearing it's ugly pungent head this weekend, threatening my plans to hang out at this year's L A Times Festival of Books which is my cheap alternative to Wonder Con up in San Francisco. There are a handful of comic book industry professionals who show up in representation to the medium. I know Golden Apple takes up a few tables at this outdoor festival located on nearly square foot of the UCLA Campus and some people from Wildstorm will show up to sign autographs. I'm thinking of setting up shop for next year, because by that time, I imagine I will have three new books to hock.

A couple of things that were upsetting me over the weekend: First, the disappointing box office for Bulletproof Monk last weekend, which I thought was a little hokey, but charming film starring Chow Yun-Fat. I thought it had potential, and it was certainly was better told and the script had less holes, than say, Daredevil , which was picked apart by both critics and disgruntled fans alike. I wasn't really familiar with the source material either ( I believe Image is currently trying to market a new series for those wanting more). I don't think there's a hope in sequel heaven with only a 8.4 mil intake, unless it's made for video.

Another thing that is greatly pissing me off is the audacity of Sony Pictures marketing the new Eddie Murphy movie, Daddy Day Care with a kid standing over him dressed up in a Flash Costume (ummm, Kid Flash?) , where there is nowhere in the ad that gives credit that the Flash is a property of Warner Bros and DC Comics. What, Sony is flaunting it's victory by pulling in the record box office take for a superhero oriented action flim by snubbing Warner Bros's copyright laws. I'm sure permission was given, but I think for public record it should be stated on the ad somewhere that they're using a likeness of another company's character.

My Fifteen minutes are up,

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home