The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Wednesday, July 23, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK July 23, 2003

Other ruminations concerning San Diego:

It seems that everytime The San Diego Comic Con International convention takes place, something disasterous always happens in the news. Last year, somewhere in Lancaster, Ca, two teenage girls got kidnapped by some horny illegal aliens while they clubbed and tied up their boyfriends. Now this year, a eighty-six year old man in Santa Monica guns the accelerator and extinguishes the lives of ten people including two babies at a Farmer's Market. I'm sure everyone has been seen it all over the news. Kinda surreal, when you get down to it- having have to go to Santa Monica to discuss Deposit Man business every once in a while. What is my feeling towards what transpired as I was busy packing for my four and a half day weekend? I didn't get a lot of the story as it was getting coverage on all the local television stations- in fact I had to call people to get more information. Nobody knew what the heck was going on- it was instant pandemonium as people immediately jumped to the conclusion thinking that it was the work of a terrorist. Even as I got into San Diego late that Wednesday night, all the talk shows I could pick were all nigh on the verbal attack that an eighty-six year old Allah praising terrorist was in our midst causing a another anti- American ruckus.

My gut reaction was that it was just one of those things- an accident. To sit through traffic in Santa Monica is an horrendous experience. I've been on enough Blue Buses on the way to Venice Beach to relate- and maybe in frustration of imitating a pigeon shit stained stone statue could make anyone from the age of three to a hundred and three snap- and he could've slammed down on the gas instead of the brake and just took off without realizing too late that he made the wrong decision and those who were simply in his way were those of natural selection. Just that, no rhyme, no reason. Shit happens when one is not looking over one's shoulder. We all are capable of being caught off-guard.

I remember when I took on a job of delivering flowers down in SD while living there and was livid with the memory of panic when I couldn't control the gear shift on a small truck and when I tried to stop at a red light on a steep hill- holy shit- it was a good thing I had a training instructor accompanying me or life would have been a shit sandwich with two much bread jammed in between for me.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home