The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Monday, July 14, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK July 14, 2003

Not much blogging to do this weekend- too wound up about San Diego. My boss of whom I shall now deem KATHY THE GREAT in these blogs will be giving me your final answer on whether I get to leave early to join the party at the earliest tomorrow. This feels weird being restrained during Comic Con. This is going to be my eighteenth San Diego Comic Con in a row- I've been there all four days for each and every one of them- (well, maybe except for last year- I played hookey for one day and went to see some of my old haunts of where I used to live in North San Diego- but I think I came down and went to the Friends of Lulu awards that last Thursday. I plan on picking up my badge on Thursday whether or not, the boss lets me out early on Wednesday. I'm taking my floating days- so I'm getting paid for it anyway. That will be another weird sensation- being down in San Diego while I'm getting paid for not doing work in Burbank. I plan on doing something similiar this year, taking a day for myself to go get refamiliarized with another area I used to live in San Diego-
in fact- this is the place where I did my first typed draft for the Deposit Man 'pilot episode' that eventually got published in the Malice anthology- the strange but beautiful Ocean Beach, CA. Tranquil, but serene -like as if David Lynch were doing a remake of Biniki Beach Bongo movie or some surfer homage. I'm going to take pictures for Larry, because I have a Deposit Man story that would take place in beach resort in Heaven- ( a sea of stars and cloudy white sands?) that will taking place after my mini-series is over.

More reminiscining tomorrw- now I gotta go and delete my mailing list rejects.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home