The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Tuesday, August 19, 2003

ANOTHER FLAT CAN OF SODA SPILLED ON MY FUCKING KEYBOARD

Now I've got to get the sponge out and clean it all up, but after I finish posting this- gah, it's all sticky.

Well, I've read today with great disappointment that DC is reviving the Question series with Rick Veitch at the helm. So much for sitting down and constructing my own submission for a Vertigo one-shot- oh, wait a minute- it's only a six-issue mini-series, so maybe Rick's concept won't fly. I'm going to give it the benefit of the doubt- 'cause I do like some of his work, especially since he had big shoes to fill when he took over Swamp Thing from Alan Moore - and DC gave him a swift kick in the ass when he wasn't allowed to show Swamp Thing meet up with Jesus Christ, and then of course, there was the independent comic he did called Rare Bit Fiends. But I don't know, placing or making Vic Sage a supporting player in the Superman line of books has got me apprehensive- the Question when written by Denny O'Neil covered the whole gamut of a man that was bascially just trying to save his city from succumbing to complete corruption. The politicians were crooked. The cops were dirty, and couldn't help protect anybody from the rapid explosion of street gangs taking over parts of the city. Even public services were in a serious bout of disarray. One man against an entire system, and what's so unique about it, is that Vic Sage tries to do everything in his power to settle it passively- (but you know how that path always go.) I re-read the last issue of the O'Neil/Cowan/Jones series late last night- and I'll be damned if it didn't exhibit influences of Ayn Rand or dare I say, the old Patrick McGoohan sixties series, The Prisoner.(Vic Sage overcomes many obstacles to make his final escape from Hub City) I always felt that the character should have been relaunched under the Vertigo masthead.

MAS hasn't exactly finished my new Deposit Man cover yet- as he thought he would be.

I'm thinking of when both movies, Constantine and Catwoman go in production, that I might sneak down the lot and check out what's going on and then report back here.

~

Coat


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home