The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Monday, August 18, 2003

STREAMLINED OLD TIME RADIO KILLED THE CD PLAYER STAR

Alright, I'm getting a little worried here. I didn't make any contact whatsoever with MAZ concerning my cover. No one is picking up the phone and there seems to be no answering machine at the place he is staying. I've heard from people at his old number that he does tend to move around a lot- so I imagine he'll get in touch with me soon - to see if I have the remainder of the balance. I told him last week that I can only spot him another $100 because I wasn't expecting him to finish until sometime next month. Perhaps, he gave the painting a gloss over or had second thoughts and decided it wasn't really finished.

My landlords, The Dragon Lady and Obi-Wan Danobi are out to Mexico this week-
I wish I had the funds lying around to be a 'naughty boy', like go out and throw a party or do some highlighting in my little black book- but I have so much expenses this month like rent and paying off some credit cards debts left over from San Diego. At the end of next week, I gotta use those same credit cards for my trip to Vegas on Labor Day weekend and pay the remaining balance on that Las Vegas Comic Con table that I went and put a deposit on.

So I decided to amuse myself with a little project. In addition to having to feed the residing cats and watering the plants that surround this seven bedroom house, I think it would be a good time to pilfer through the comics that I have stashed in the garage and do an inventory on them. There are definitely some things I have run across that I even forgot I owned like for example; there was a three-issue Batman arc that guest starred Deadman that was rendered by Kelly Jones that was shipped with each issue a seperate glow in the dark cover. I had to keep turning the lights off in the garage to refresh my memory of what the covers actually looked like.

My boss at work- says I gotta cut down on the rock music now that I'm in my little office at work, so that way my supervisors, the over fifty fat farm club, can communicate with me without yelling or repeating whatever they said. So I've devised a schedule to what I listen to during my average work day on streamlined Windows Media:

Between 8:30 - 10 PM listen to talk and commentary on St. Louis talk staion WGNU - which is a eclectic blend of liberals, conservatives, religion fanatics, and Bush lovers and haters all gathered trying to make sense of it all.

Then I switch to the first two of stations that play old time radio shows. Mediabay.com has Stan Freberg offering trivia and reminiscencing about those golden days of yesteryear on his "When Radio Was" show. It never runs longer than forty-five minutes.

More radio shows are streamlined though Brando Classis radio shows- some hole in the wall mom and pop website that has a huge vast library of old radio shows and usually have a daily theme like detective shows on Mondays, Westerns on Wednesdays, etc;. The drawback to this station is that it doesn't buffer completely and there seems to be a plethora of christian sponsored bible-thumping commericals.

I take lunch and when I come back-

I listen to a few CDs and a radio station called www.deliciousagony.com that plays prog music 24 hours a day accompanied bya live DJ with music that comes in all over the world and it's music that designed to blow peoples's minds.

~

Coat




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home