The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Friday, May 28, 2004

THE DAY OF THE STALL AFTER TOMORROW-
(aka- THE DEPOSIT MAN DAILY LOG)



Well, I suppose the shitstorm was inevitable. Besides the avalanche of work that came crushing through at the studio which left blog lifeless for a few days- the production of the new Deposit Man is getting stranger and stranger.

The session with Oliver and me started good on a late Saturday afternoon (and I told him I'd be there in the late morning- my bad) that we got down to the actual scripting and dialoging on his Imac. We got the first page scanned, lettered, and completed within a hour and half and I had set a goal of getting a head start on the three pages f- I wanted to type in the word balloons myself because I was finding to be a exhilarating experience - I was actually getting off seeing a page come alive with the dialogue and captions intact- but wouldn't you know it- Oliver's computer crashed and had to be shut before pages were scanned in. So - one page of artwork is finally completed and ready for the printer- but it isn't any good unless the other 35 accompany it. I was estatic to hear from Oliver that the problem was troubleshooted and has informed me that he is up to page eleven.

But Oliver only has half the book in his possession. MAS has the other half and he called me last night for a emergency meeting. Didn't like the sound of that, so I reluctantly agreed because I wanted to get down and compose my editorial called "YOU SAY JESUS AND I SAY HEY JESUS, MAYBE WE SHOULD CALL THE WHOLE THING OFF" I tried to tell him, dude, I've got deadlines too, you know. But MAS said last night at our meeting at the Sherman Oaks Border's (which incidentally where I ran into David Seidman, director of CLAYPOOL COMICS having his monthly LOS ANGELES DRINK UP with Marv Wolfman, Nat Gertler, and other people I recognized at EARTH 2)that he had to bail on the project- four days before our agreed deadline- for personal reasons and now I'm scrambling to find a replacement in addition to helping out Oliver tie the book up.

So that's where I'm headed right now. Back to Beverly Hills and Santa Moncia.

And to think, all I wanted to talk about today was about the girls who infatuate Cary Coatney.

And I have to finish my cat story...

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home