The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Friday, May 21, 2004

HEY KIDS - NEW DEPOSIT MAN DOWNLOADS! (finally!)

In prepping up for my next chapter in the Deposit Man & The Last Great Gate of Mortality saga - I had my old comrade in techical know-how-in-arms, Alan Sinder do some scans of all three of my covers. Hopefully this is will drum some interest in the books and my yahoogroups. Have not heard word on what's going on with San Diego. The convention is two months away from this date. I'm starting to shit a brick, here.

Anyway to those in blogworld: Here are all three of my covers!

Act 1 - Now being distributed through FM International,Inc

http://groups.msn.com/SparkysOddbits/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=207


Act 2 - currently being dialogued and inked hopefully in time for the printer in mid-June.


http://groups.msn.com/SparkysOddbits/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=208


Act 3 - Larry Nadolsky is probably starting to pencil this now even as we speak:

http://groups.msn.com/SparkysOddbits/shoebox.msnw?action=ShowPhoto&PhotoID=209

My e -mail list will be notified on Monday.

ITEM! Who actually knew that people are aware of this blog's existence? Apparently, there is a blog watch group that monitors who is posting who and where. AND my Blog is on the auction block! Like trading stocks! How fucking bizarre is that? I never stop to think that someone coulbe actually be reading this drivel? It's just something I do to waste time with. Maybe I should cut down on my tall tales of booze and broads. Or the Abdu Gahrib torture of kitty cats for that matter..

ITEM! This is the reason why I still listen to prog:

http://www.gep.co.uk/iq/



I mentioned a few days back that it came in my post office box fresh from the UK - I guess I jumped early on the bandwagon because I think I ordered it within a few days that it popped online...using my credit card reserved for such emergency impulse purchases (and this certainly counts as a emergency!) IQ has always been a English prog band with California sounding overtones. Very Beach Boys - Pet Sounds in some place and very old Genesis- Peter Gabriel in the other. On this new collection- I think they achieved the Supper's Ready of the new millennium in the 25 epic closer, Harvest of Souls- and hands down, so far, the best lyrical content of 2004 occurs in the track 'Born Brilliant'm> whereas. although unintended, is the best swipes at the Bush Administration (or maybe it's a double entre of how far Bush's dick is up Tony Blair's arse) ever put to music-

Singer Peter Nichols offers these head swirls for thoughts -

The soul of no discretion
Belligerent, won't think outside the box
I'm critical and careless
My open mind is shut and firmly locked


copyrighted 2004 by IQ

And of course the band's musicanship is superb, as usual, even though you really can't tell one album apart from another these days- the snappish thunks of Paul Cook's drums and cymbals (and I think he has the best miked cymbals of all drummers - they're like beestings!
Mike Holmes' effective sound effect tricks on guitar - award winning bass player Jon Jowitt (my Aussie's buddy's best friend while he working for Inside Out and Verglas records in England) and my fav- the Mexican jumping bean keyboard noodlings of Martin Orford that soar and crash like a pinata being smashed in with a thunderbolt. I am absolutely in love with Martin's boards and the old retro sounds he gets out of the modern synths that are out on the market these days. Listening to this album almost makes me regret dropping my rapid keyboard fixations of buying and playing old modular analog synthesizers.

THE DEPOSIT MAN DAILY LOG REPORT!

Oliver and I will be meeting tomorrow for a massive computer dialog session- which means, we will actually be putting in WORD BALLOONS on the first half of the book.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home