The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Thursday, April 24, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK April 24, 2003

If I still lived in the la la land of Parsippany, New Jersey- April 24 would still have some significance to my life. April 24th just happens to be the birthday of my high school significant other, Linda Freeman . So happy birthday, Linda, wherever you are. Hope you still out there seeing David Bowie and Rolling Stones concerts and not getting bitchslapped around the house by some alcoholic drunk fat bastard. And I hope the kids don't follow the same path...., that is, if you have any.

But hey, tomorrow is my favorite tall drunken Scotish bastard's birthday, most notably, Derek W. Dick, who performs and sings under his nom de guerre of Fish! . Fish was also the first lead singer of my all time fav band Marillion and is still regarded to this day as my all time favorite lyricist.

But enough about those people. What's crawling up my ass today is consolidation. How am I going to coordinate my Deposit Man staff to serve up these tasty morsels of the new books out on time? So far, our schedules are getting slightly out of sync and now, as of today, it's sort of 'iffy' as to wanting to purchase a table for this year's Comic Con International. The person who was going to share a table is having trouble receiving the application for table space that I keep faxing to her, and now I hear she's out of town until May 1st.

Not only that, but I have to find a different way to promote the books. One thing is to revive the e-mail newsletter and tell the mailing list about this blog. Another is to start advertising in publications such as Comics Buyer's Guide and the Comics Journal , upon when Larry will furnish an ad for me ( a proper one, if I might add- the one he submitted wasn't up to snuff with my specifications- but I'm using the rejected one he sent me as a cover to a ashcan or a promo post card or some other.

My fifteen minutes are up, damn it!

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home