The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Monday, May 12, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK May 12, 2003

Well, you can't please everyone.

I keep fogetting that some material that I write could easily offend. In the spirit of Free Comic Book Day, I gave some Deposit Man books out to some employees- one in particular, a new employee. This new employee has written some books of his own, so I thought we could compare notes. Well, this morning, when I clocked in at work I arrived at my desk to see my books returned to me with a note explaining that the material wasn't up to speed with him- which is ok, I realize it isn't for everyone- but I should have told that I do write for a mature audience and I do tackle controversial themes and there was probably something in it that could have offended him or his family. Or, simply it could have been my style of writing. I do admit that I am a wordy bastard and that Larry's lettering is a little off-kilter -which is a problem that I will try to recitify by getting a letter problem like Comic Craft of something.

On the other hand, I did receive a phone call from Oliver Simonsen at work last Friday praising the new book from the photocopies I sent him- I swear the guy is my most loyal fan. Like I said, it isn't for everyone, but you gotta weigh the good with the bad. It's mixed bag- like mixing the detergent with the quart of milk.

Well, more insight tomorrow,

This took less than fifteen minutes,

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home