The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Wednesday, April 30, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK April 30, 2003

Damn bastards at work welched! I was told that we would receive passes at work to see the Matrix Reloaded before the movie hits the theaters. Now I get e-mailed today that we would have to enter a drawing to win free passes to see it in a undisclosed location on opening day. What a reloaded crock of shit! Like, is the studio is going to lose money if they screen it for their employees first hand before the rest of geeks and freaks that we're now forced to sit in a darkened movie theater who think they can impress or annoy others by making all kinds of farty noises and belches, or have no scintilla of remorse when they cry out lines or voice their worthless opinions out load at the top of their lungs?

Anyway, getting back to the creative process- Way back when, when I was still in my twenties. I used to subscribe to Keyboard Magazine when I was a synthesizer fanatic and a keyboard player for some hole in the wall bands when I lived down in San Diego. A columnist who went loosely by the name of Freff used to pen a column on creativity and looking back on it now, it was probably my first exposure to zen. It really ran deep on the thinking process, and you didn't really have to be a keyboard player musician to get into it. I never knew the guy's real name. If I recall, the only glimpse you had of him was a stock photo of a faceless man in a band leader's uniform juggling a couple of balls. I still do have these magazines, but they're back in my storage unit. Next time I go up there, I should flip through some of them and relay any fun filled facts on to you readers. I think I'm in dire need of a refresher course, anyway.

Ideas also come to me in spurts. Even when I've rewritten a entire script and I'm in the process of printing it out, something will come to me out of the great blue yonder to make a line of dialogue sound even better- and will have to cross out the line with a marker and rewrite the line by hand. It kinda sucks, but I don't see the sense in reprinting the entire script just to rewrite one little line of dialogue. It pisses off Larry when I do it, because my handwritting is simply incorrigible and if Larry finds that it's inlegible, he'll simply substitute something of his own- and that's not a safe thing to do.

Well more meanderings tomorrow, because (all together now) my fifteen minutes are up,

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home