The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Monday, May 05, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK May 5, 2003

Bah, Cinco de Mayo doesn't hold fart lit candle to the awesome weekend I had.

Last Saturday, I got up early to the most treacherous rainstorm I ever saw in LA in a long time, but it didn't deter me from getting in line for the Matinee showing of X-Men 2 at the Westwood Village Mann. I thought the whole film was awesome- there was rarely anything stupid or condescending and it was a definite improvement over Singer's first outing.

And when the rain subsided, then it was the celebration for Free Comic Book Day. I went over to new store that opened up in my neighborhood, Earth 2, grabbed a stack of the specially marked FREE COMIC BOOK DAY books, including Archie and Donald Duck (I gave them to my friend's daughter) and bought the first FABLES collected Tradepaperback and the new Road to Perdition prequel. I also raided the supply of Rookies & Allstars, brought the books to work this morning with inserted business cards and they were scoffed up in minutes. They disappeared faster than the Thursday delivery of the LA Weekly! Which goes show- no one can turn down a free comic if they tried.

Yesterday, the Los Angeles Shrine Auditorium had the one of the largest attendances I have ever seen for a single day show- in support of the Matrix Reloaded and the season finale of Angel. I got up at 5: 15 (symbolic, isn't it) and it still wasn't enough to score a baseball cap as the line was freakin' high way around the block. But what the hell- I got good deals on recent comics that were down to a buck and a rare paperback of the last collected Doc Savage Omnibus that featured the controversial Up From Earth's Center that has Doc Savage going to fight evil in the bowels of hell.

Shit, my fifteen minutes are up!

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home