The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Tuesday, May 06, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK May 6, 2003

One of those boring dreary days at work- when there's really not much to do other than to be a big pain in the ass to other workers in outside departments. You know, just trying to shake people down for info on upcoming animated episodes or sending annoying e-mail inquiries. They really like to keep secrets around here and I like finding them out and blabbing to the internet about them.

Well, I was sad to learn the other day that they will be tearing down the old Wild West town on the studio lot to make way for more office buildings. There's just no respect for historical significance anymore. I mean, they used this area to shoot Blazing Saddles for cripessakes. How are we going to honor our past if we keep tearing it down chunk by chunk? Come to think of it, when was the last time, an actual Western Movie or television series was shot on a studio lot? Maybe it signifies of the end of the genre in general. Don't quote me on that.

I'm starting to have doubts about getting a table at the comic con. I'm formulating an idea, that I would want to reach the people who have read the first two Deposit Man books and let them know first about the new forthcoming ones, instead of blowing a huge chunk of change on a producing a new 500 copy or so ashcan for the show. And I was thinking of doing a personal snail-mail one for them. I burned myself on the last one I did at a APE show a year or so back. I thought, people were going to dig on a low cost ashcan and when they didn't, the only one who fell for my ruse was Comics Journal editor, Gary Groth. Even though I was planning on springing money for a brand new cover, I've decided I should use the image as a postcard advertising the publication of the new books instead.

Because who knows, if I'm going to make it to the deadline.

And not only that, it's the timeframe. There's a little over two months to go. Things didn't start coming together until a few weeks ago. Too soon to mount an assault.

Well, more thoughts on this dilemma tomorrow.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home