The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Tuesday, April 29, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK April 29, 2003

Well, it looks like contact has been made concerning whether or not, I'll be displaying at the San Diego Convention. I had a three way business call last night between another self publisher, Mother Grim, Inc and her boyfriend in sharing a table- and it's not as much as I thought it would be, since she wants to take up 2/3 of the table and I only have two books and perhaps an ashcan of some new forthcoming new material to carry down with me.

I wanted to touch briefly on creativity. Basically, what infuses an idea in my brain is whatever I hear on the radio or watch on television and something will spark off in my head of what I can do to perverse or twist it, so it totally becomes unrecognizable from it's original source material. The current panic over SARS has sparked off some parody that I'm now trying to incorporate in my rewrite of the last act of the Deposit Man and the Last Great Gate of Mortality . I'm not going to recant it here, because I fear it will spread to all the bars overnight or wind up in Playboy magazine at the Bunny Joke section.

Sometimes. it's personal stuff that has happened to me in the past. I know for a fact, that whenever I get around to rewriting my seventh issue of Deposit Man , the basic premise of a screenwriter going amok in a beach town is based loosely on an incident that I experienced while living down in San Diego and how I able to contain the situation and became an actual hero for a few hours by not using my fists, but rather my brains in turning tables on someone who posed a great danger, not only to him, but to others.

So, we touched on current events and how to shape them to your mode of thinking-

More tomorow. I want to talk about this writer calls himself nothing but Freff.

My fifteen minutes are up,

~

Coat
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home