The Purple Pinup Guru Platform

When purple things are pulsating on your mind, I'm the one whose clock you want to clean. Aiding is Sparky, the Astral Plane Zen Pup Dog from his mountain stronghold on the Northernmost Island of the Happy Ninja Island chain, this blog will also act as a journal to my wacky antics at an entertainment company and the progress of my self published comic book, The Deposit Man which only appears when I damn well feel like it. Real Soon Now.

Thursday, May 08, 2003

FIFTEEN MINUTE BREAK May 8, 2003

In addition to the Doc Savage Omnibus I was talking about yesterday, I also had the opportunity to pick up the McSweetney Mammoth Treasury of Thrilling Tales edited by Michael Chabon at my local Border's. This tome has a collection of twenty swell tales by Michael Chricton, Elmore Leonard, Stephen King, Harlan Ellison, and others inspired by the old pulp magazines of yore with illustrations by Howard Chaykin. At $13.98, it's worth every cent if you ask me. It's going to be the highlight of my summer reading or maybe late spring reading depending on how fast I get through that Doc Savage book.

Finally, my studio is springing for a free preview employee screening of Matrix Reloaded a few hours before it officially opens in theaters, but it's a first come, first serve kind of deal. I sure hope I can make it to the lot on time. My only advantage is to get off at work at 5 and scurry down to the lot from where I work in Burbank and they'll be no line up prior to 5 PM. It's going to be a madhouse down there, I assure you.

I also brought some spare copies of FREE COMIC BOOK DAY specially marked books over from Rookies & Allstars in North Hollywood and displayed them in the lunch room. Needless to say, they disappeared faster than the Thursday delivery of the LA WEEKLY. You never know what a person or co-workers reaction is going to be when confronted with a free comic book shoved in their face. Forty of them disappeared within a matter of hours. I might go back and grab a few other cheap books like the twenty five cent Namor or Daredevil that Marvel put out recently and see how they fare.

Well out of time as usual. These Fifteen minute breaks sure do fly fast.

~

Coat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home